All groups take place at my office located at 315 W. 57th St., Suite 310, NYC.
Directions and contact information.
Emotional Communication Group
Tuesday Evenings 5:45pm - 7:15pm
As a group member you will:
- Learn to recognize and express your full range of thoughts and feelings in words:
- Identify and communicate to the group your variety of feelings.
- Begin to understand and increase acceptance/tolerance for your emotions.
- Find support as you transform what may be some non-helpful or destructive communication patterns into healthy self-assertion.
- Begin to identify your maladaptive coping mechanisms. These coping mechanisms may have been helpful in your past and/or childhood but may no longer be helpful and may actually be impeding you from establishing and maintaining more intimate/close personal and professional relationships.
- Develop the emotional (psychic) insulation necessary to sustain and tolerate all feelings—both positive and negative.
- Experience the group as a microcosm of the world which may lead you to discover how you are perceived by other group members in a safe environment.
This group can be a benefit:
- In the development of a more accurate sense of yourself as evidenced by increased self-esteem, self-confidence and/or assertiveness.
- In relationship building skills—both personal and professional.
- To increase your feelings of connectedness to others
- As a Supplement to 12-Step Recovery.
- In more effectively dealing with co-dependency issues.
- To increase your skills of self care as well as being able to make and maintain boundaries.
- Attend weekly 90 minute group sessions.
- Payment is $60 per group.
- Agree to take your share of the talking time—support others to take their share of the talking time.
- Respect and uphold confidentiality of group members.